1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

worst world failure in 2 years

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by HavenMC, Oct 4, 2013.

1. About 80 of us just playing and then all players who reloged got the "new player" message. Very odd? So after this went on for about 10 mins we restarted the server. Boom - entire fresh map. Normal map - gone.

Reloading from backup now.

No errors on startup / None on shutdown / and no crash reports
    This was the console before we restarted - http://pastebin.com/FKAy1Xay

Any thoughts as to what could have done this? We would certainly prefer to not have to roll-back. (in no way am I saying this is spigot related just wanted to share)

Thank you in advance!

2. Can you check your disk space? If so, how much is free?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dmck2b

Services Staff

03.10 22:05:37 [Multicraft] Skipped 127 lines due to rate limit (30/s)

Could we please have the full, raw, log?

To me though, it looks like someone tampered with your world or session.lock, or the session.lock lost permissions.

4. It looks like managed hosting. I would guess you've run out of disk space.

5. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/-root
    102G 27G 71G 28% /

Space seems fine at 28%

Apologies but that pastebin is all I have from that moment...

#5 HavenMC, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  6. Sway

Artist Supporter

Have you given proper read/write permissions to the user in directory server is running in?

7. Noble Pro

1. Code (Text):
      SEVERE net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R3.ExceptionWorldConflict: Failed to check session lock, aborting
    Make sure the session lock has proper read/write in the world directory, otherwise it can't load it. That'll explain the reset inventories, ender chest and world.

8. No issues on same host/server/ for 2 years... odd this session lock just appeared and never before?

I am not sure how to check these session lock permissions... would that be a question for my host?

9. Dmck2b

Services Staff

If you've got FTP access, goto your world folder and chmod 777 -R and it shouldn't be an issue.