Xenforo Not Sending Confirmation Emails

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by MuhsinunCool, Jun 1, 2016.

1. This is the best spot I found to post this at. Sorry for any problems! Admins move this if need be! Thanks!
    Title says it all! I have Xenforo and set it up, but my emails aren't being sent! I setup the SMTP information correctly too! Please help!
    I'm using freenom.com for my domain, forwarding it to cloudflare, forwarding that to my web host.
    Information Pics
    An Error I Got

I don't get any errors and no emails send if I use my TLS/SSL settings for my email connection and choose SSL encryption on xenforo, but, however, if I use my TLS/SSL settings and choose TLS encryption on Xenforo, I get errors, the one I sent a pic of
    Also, if I choose the default PHP email sending method on xenforo it doesn't give an error message
    And none of these methods send emails

P.S. I'm using x10hosting and their email thing as well if that matters

#1 MuhsinunCool, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. My bad, if you're not using gmail then the SMTP connection is failing. Make sure your settings are correct for your mail host:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Email Options -> Email Transport Method

3. They are I sent a pic of my settings

4. Don't have any other ideas, and by the way you may want to fix that cloudflare error. "Your origin IP is being exposed", no point in having remote DDoS protection if your origin IP is exposed.

5. My other guess is that it's a login error, try changing encryption to "TLS", and port number to 587.

6. The thing is, I don't get any errors and no emails send if I use my TLS/SSL settings for my email connection and choose SSL encryption on xenforo, but, however, if I use my TLS/SSL settings and choose TLS encryption on Xenforo, I get errors, the one I sent a pic of
    Also, if I choose the default PHP email sending method on xenforo it doesn't give an error message
    And none of these methods send emails

P.S. I'm using x10hosting and their email thing as well if that matters

EDIT:
    Is it because I'm using cloud flare? It has something about MC mail records thingy. Could that be blocking my emails? Or is Gmail blocking my emails or wut? I really need to fix this D:

#8 MuhsinunCool, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Go to the main Xenforo Admin page (/admin.php) and look for a bar saying "Server Errors"

8. I sent my error

9. Sent it (No idea what you mean)? Post it on here.

10. I did read the main post click the link for the error pictures

11. That is not the full error.

12. Full error is: auth command used when not advertised. But @MuhsinunCool, can you move the scroll bar to the right so we can see the other half of the error message?

13. The link is an album XD I scrolled down a took another pic. It's on the same page u guys went to to see the first part of the error XD just scroll down lol
    [​IMG]

14. Also, free hosting most likely limits what you can do with your website.

15. Here's the entire error (Both pics r part of the same error lol):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I need you to move the bottom scrollbar so that I can see the full error in the first picture. Move it to where I can finish reading off "auth command used when"

17. Make sure that your domain has the proper dns records like: MX record and SPF (TXT but optional)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. what r the proper ones? I'm using cloudflare.