Xenforo

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by SlayerMarth, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Hi,

Does anyone know how I can change the link that the "post new thread" button sends members too when they click it? But only on one section.

ie. I my staff applications forum, I want the post new thread button to send people to a certain link.

2. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

The post a new thread link is all handled by the same module for all sections of the forums, which means that every section uses the same link, but the variable in the link changes...

3. Is there a way to change where that variable leads to? I've seen what I want done before. So it's possible somehow. :(

4. mathhulk

Retired

Sorry, but that's all I got. I'm not very experienced with Xenforo.

5. No worries then. Hopefully someone can help me out here. It's possible, I know that much.

6. It can be done, but would be a pain. I haven't looked at the XF source in awhile, but you'd basically need to insert an if statement in the part that draws out that page.

if forum = (forum id for the staff section) then new post url = X
    else new post url = Default

Like I said, I don't know exactly where or how it's formatted, but yes it's definitely possible. You'd probably get much better help posting on the Xenforo forums tbh.

7. mathhulk

Retired

As @N8te said, posting on the Xenforo forums would be your best bet, as there are more experienced Xenforo developers and users over there. ;)