Yes, we’re(MOJANG) being bought by Microsoft

Discussion in 'Drama' started by kimchiNchicken, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intresting. The first thing they will do is launching minecraft for Windows phone, but what's next? I'm excited what they are going to bring us.

2. Fuck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ash

Ash

FOR FUCKS SAKE
    When you spend 2.5BILLION dollars you don't simply hand over a check. (FYI)
    A FUCKING KAY
    They know about bukkit
    spigot
    sponge
    THey know
    they understand
    You can't ignore it they know it and understood BEFORE investing, They saw the twitter issues they visited our forums (@Phil is part of the micorosft takeover helperrrsss) Pls dun h8

4. Notch seems to be a pretty good guy. After all, Notch took everyone for a free vacation in Monte Carlo a while back. Notch could give each of the current employees $1 Million and not even miss the money.

5. I have to wonder what is the tax on $2.5b

6. [​IMG]

@nfell2009
    @rguz10

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. No idea what you're on about...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Will you still be able to tweet about features and interact with the community on a personal level, just like you’ve done over the years?
    Yes! That’s not going to change.

Oh boy...

9. We should send a collective message to microsoft and express our wishes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Well, let's see how much different microsoft does things than mojang, as long as they don't interfere with servers I don't care.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. There is no tax, microsoft used their off-shore accounts.

12. Sad to see it happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. I predict Microsoft will come down hard on servers. Then servers will go underground like WoW and other MMO private servers.

14. mojang probably had to pay it tho

15. i hope we dont pay for other stuff too except an account :rolleyes:

16. Microsoft would be dumb if they spent that much money and didn't monetize the game better.

They're also not idiots, so whatever they do, they don't want to chase away the core user-base. However, a sale is a sale. They don't want former customers, they want current paying customers. Figuring out how to get people to keep coming back is certainly one priority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I just hope they don't enforce any rules...

18. Here's an official video from Microsoft. It seems like they have good intentions.
    1. They acknowledged how servers have made Minecraft as successful as it is today
    2. Phil claimed Microsoft will listen to the community

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.