As of version 1.12.2, there are 3 types of particles that are colorizeable: REDSTONE, SPELL_MOB and SPELL_MOB_AMBIENT .
You will need to use the method Player.spawnParticle which takes the full set of available particle parameters. Specifically you will need to adjust the offset X,Y,Z parameters to control color, "extra" for brightness and "count" to toggle colorization.
What these parameters do in this specific case:
- count: Must be set to 0, this enabled colorized particles. Note that this means you cannot spawn more than one colored particle at a time (via a single call/packet)
- extra: This controls the brightness of the particle's color, generally you just want to set this to 1.
- offsetX: Pass a value from 0 to 1 here to control the red component of the particle's color
- offsetY: Pass a value from 0 to 1 here to control the green component of the particle's color
- offsetZ: Pass a value from 0 to 1 here to control the blue component of the particle's color
So to spawn a green redstone particle, you would make a call like this:
player.spawnParticle(Particle.REDSTONE, x, y, z, 0, 0.001, 1, 0, 1, new Particle.DustOptions(Color.Red, 1));
This only affects the REDSTONE particle. If you'd like no red at all, you can use Float.MIN_VALUE and it will be virtually red-free.