- As a prerequisite, install Java 8 or above if you don't have it already [Ubuntu, CentOS].
- Create a directory for your spigot server and enter it.
Code (Text):mkdir Spigot_Server && cd Spigot_Server
- Download BuildTools.
- Move BuildTools into your Spigot Server folder.
Code (Text):mv BuildToolsPathHere ./
- Compile the latest build by following the BuildTools wiki page.
After running BuildTools you will find the Spigot/CraftBukkit server files in the same directory.
- Create a new startup script (start.sh) in the directory to launch the the JAR:
Code (example (Unknown Language)):#!/bin/sh
java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar spigot.jar
- Open your terminal and execute the following in the directory:
Code (makeexecutable (Unknown Language)):chmod +x start.sh
- Run your start up script:
Code (runcommand (Unknown Language)):sudo ./start.sh