- As a prerequisite, install Java 8 or above if you don't have it already [Ubuntu, CentOS].
- Compile the latest build by following the BuildTools wiki page.
- Place the file in a new directory dedicated to Spigot.
After running BuildTools you will find the Spigot/CraftBukkit server files in the same directory.
- Create a new startup script (start.sh) in the directory to launch the the JAR:
java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar spigot.jar
- Open your terminal and execute the following in the directory:
Code (Make executable):chmod +x start.sh
- Run your start up script:
Code (Run command):./start.sh