PlaceholderAPI (or PAPI) is an expansion-based placeholder plugin. It's used in things like Scoreboards, Holograms, Chat plugins and so many more plugins.
It is very simple to get this plugin working.
- First, install the plugin exactly how you would any other.
- The Expansion part of this plugin seems to cause the most confusion. In order for PAPI placeholders to work, - you must first have the correct expansion.
- To find expansions, you can go to https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/placeholderapi-placeholders/, which has the full list. To install an expansion, simply type /papi ecloud enable, and then /papi ecloud download (expansion-name)
- Placeholders are useful for giving players information specific to them or their groups, like Prefixes or their Balance. Here are a few basic placeholders you may find useful.
- If you want to use a placeholder, a good tip would be to download the first part of the placeholder as expansion, such as Player for the player_name and Vault for the vault_eco.
- Player's Name: %player_name%
- Player's Balance: %vault_eco_balance%
- Time Played: %statistic_time_played%
- Skyblock Level: %askyblock_level%
- Prefix: %vault_rankprefix%
- Suffix: %vault_ranksuffix%
- DeluxeTags Tag: %deluxetags_tag%
- Nickname: %essentials_nickname%
- Faction: %factions_faction%
- Votes: %galistener_votes%
- Pet Name: %mypet_name%
PlaceholderAPI no longer has it's default placeholders pre-installed. If they do not work for you right off the bat, you must download them using the PAPI command /papi ecloud download expansionname
%player_name% = /papi ecloud download Player
%vault_eco_balance% = /papi ecloud download Vault (MUST have both Vault and a vault-compatible economy plugin installed)
%essentials_nickname% = /papi ecloud download Essentials
Any more of the available placeholders and associated expansions can be found here: