2. Information Collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or otherwise anonymized.
Personal Information Collected Voluntarily Provided
Personal Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you use our Platform, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, interactions with the Platform, query information, location information, referring URL, browser, application interaction, mobile provider information, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider.
3. Anonymized Data
Please be aware that we me may collect and aggregate personal information from our Platform and may anonymize that information for our own research or internal purposes. Once such data has been anonymized, it cannot be traced back to you, the user.
4. Sharing and Use of Your Information
This section explains how SpigotMC may share or use your personal information. You consent to our use of your personal information for the following purposes:
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION - We may use your personal information to negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you.
- ACCESS AND COMMUNICATIONS TO OUR PLATFORM AND SERVICES - We may use your personal information to (1) set-up and manage your SpigotMC account; (2) interact with you through our Platform (e.g. software updates, Platform announcements, etc.): and/or (3) manage and respond to your questions (e.g. technical, commercial or administrative) or requests for maintenance and support.
- USE OF THE PLATFORM - We may use your personal information to (1) enable you to enjoy the use of, and easily navigate the Platform; and/or (2) better understand your needs and interests.
- SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES - We may use your personal information to share with other users of the Platform; to share with our partner companies or future affiliates for research, marketing, and other purposes. We may also share your information with service providers with whom we contract with such as contractors, web hosts, data providers and others so that we may provide you any services and allow you to access the Platform.
- ALLOWING DOWNLOADS FROM THE PLATFORM - We may use your Personal Information to allow you to download data or content from the Platform.
- TRAINING & IMPROVEMENTS - We may use your personal information to (1) train our employees or contractors to allow for a better Platform experience; and/or (2) improve the Platform.
- DIRECT MARKETING AND INQUIRIES - We may use your personal information to contact you for additional products and services that you may be interested in or to respond to an inquiry.
5. Retention of Personal Information
- SpigotMC will only retain your Personal Information for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
- For any legally required duration.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your Personal Information. We retain the personal information we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, to perform our contractual and legal obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods for the purposes of bringing and defending claims.
- Until we receive a request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of your personal information stored with us.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Information
- We process and use your personal information, where required by law, for the following purposes:
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing a safe and profitable service to our users and partners.
7. Accessing and Editing Your Information
When using our Platform you may be able to access and edit some of your personal information via the Platform dashboard. If at any time, you have any questions or wish to review, change, or edit any additional personal information collected by us, please contact us at [email protected].
8. Removal of Information
If you wish to have any of your personal information stored within the SpigotMC Platform removed, please contact us at [email protected]. Please be aware that removal requests are not processed instantaneously. There may be a reasonable delay in removing any personal information requested.
You may make a removal request by email at [email protected]. If you require additional details regarding the deletion or retention of your personal information, please contact us. All removal or deletion requests are subject to Section 6 and subject to any applicable laws. Additionally, we will retain and use your personal information (even after a removal or deletion request), where required, so that we may fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
10. Opting Out and Do Not Track
If you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and email where you have consented. However, you may opt out of any communications and you may opt out of certain personal information submission where applicable. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please do so via the Platform dashboard.
We currently do not offer website functionality for you to opt out of any “do not track” signals or listings.
11. Third Parties
12. Security Measures
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards in accordance with industry standards. However, as our Platform is hosted electronically we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, robust passwords, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
14. Age Compliance
We intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13 you may not access the Platform.
15. Transfer of Your Information Internationally
Please be aware that your personal information shall be transferred and processed in the United States and/or Australia. If you are an European Economic Community (EEC) citizen or resident, please be aware that your information may be transferred outside of the EEC. These data transfers are necessary to provide the Platform to you. Where we transfer your Personal Information outside of the EEC we may utilize standard contract clauses, the Swiss-US Privacy Shield, and other data protection mechanisms.
16. Merger and Acquisition
In the event that SpigotMC is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
18. Contacting Us
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at [email protected]